Welcome to PB Vallejo
In 2012, the Vallejo City Council established the first city-wide Participatory Budgeting (PB) process in the United States. Through PB, the community is helping decide how to spend over $3 million of revenue from the Measure B Sales Tax.
Congratulations Vallejo! Nearly 4,000 Vallejoans turned out to vote for their top community projects through the participatory budgeting vote - more than in any other jurisdiction using PB in the U.S. You’ve made history, putting Vallejo on the map as a national model for innovation and democracy!
In this first city-wide PB process in the country, you voted to fund 12 diverse projects using the roughly $3.2 million allocated by City Council. The PB Vallejo Steering Committee will submit the public's priorities to City Council for approval at the Council meeting on May 28th - all are welcome to attend.
Top Projects in the PB Vote:
[see full list of results here]
1. Potholes and Street Repair
2. Light Up Vallejo! A Lighting Improvement Project
3. Parks and Recreation Improvements
4. Support School Libraries & STEAM Program
5. Street Cleaning & City Cleanup
6. College Bound Vallejo
7. Community Gardens and Nutrition Education
8. Small Business Grants for Mare Island & Downtown
9. The Spay Neuter Project
10. Florence Douglas & Conversations Senior Centers
11. Omega Boys & Girls Club Gym Renovation
12. 150 Camera Pilot with Intelligent Archives
Join the PB Vallejo Mailing List
Like PB Vallejo on Facebook
PB Vallejo Calendar of Events